Picture this: a film that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster, where every scene is filled with the sweet taste of first love and the bittersweet complexities of coming-of-age. “Love, Simon” unravels the story of a young man named Simon Spier, an ordinary teenager with an extraordinary secret. He’s struggling to find the courage to reveal his true self to the world and to the people he holds dear. But fear not, for this isn’t just a coming-out story—it’s a story that transcends boundaries, creating a resonance that touches everyone who watches it.
“Love, Simon” is a film that reminds us of the power of acceptance, the importance of love, and the strength it takes to be true to oneself. It’s a story that will touch your heart, make you laugh, and perhaps even bring a tear to your eye. So, grab your favorite drink, whether it’s a glass of velvety red wine, a refreshing craft beer, or a perfectly mixed cocktail, and join us as we raise our glasses to “Love, Simon.”
Celebrating Pride Month and Recommending Films on Adult Beverage
On this episode of the Adult Beverage Film Podcast, the hosts discuss the movie “Love, Simon”, a coming-of-age story about a high school student named Simon who is struggling with his sexuality. The movie explores themes of acceptance, love, and being true to oneself. The hosts describe the plot, characters, and their thoughts on the film. They also mention the fun and lighthearted moments in the movie. Listeners are invited to grab their favorite drink and join in on the discussion.
[00:03:42] High school films. [00:04:49] Teenage gay experience in film. [00:11:39] Coming out at a tough age. [00:12:31] Symbolism of phone usage. [00:16:44] Coming out and stolen moments. [00:19:07] Love, Victor spin-off. [00:25:09] High school gossip scenes. [00:27:45] Coming out as gay. [00:34:39] Simon versus the Homo Sapiens agenda. [00:35:27] LGBTQ community’s relevance today. [00:39:23] Thunder and horror movies. [00:44:01] Serial killer podcast concept. [00:46:47] Film recommendations for you.
- 00:09:49 – “But I like the way he progresses through the story too is that even though he makes the huge terrible decision to be the bully in a sense, putting the emails out.”
- 00:11:54 – “but then I’d hear the flip side from another character and be like, well, I agree with that too, actually.”
- 00:15:39 – “As soon as you say it to someone, to anyone, it makes it real.”
- 00:20:23 – “I love those little comets.”
- 00:27:51 – “I think there’s a great line in this film, and it’s lots of people like someone they can’t have.”
- 00:30:33 – “it’s not fair that straight people don’t have to come out.”
- 00:31:26 – “it makes me feel good.”
- 00:35:27 – “Especially with all the LGBTQ bills coming out and the communities under more threat of oppression now than it has been in a number of years.”
- 00:40:42 – “It’s almost like a Norman Rockwell painting come to life type of experience.”
- 00:46:00 – “Happy Pride Month. Be proud of who you are.”